I guess it matters how you vote! People are watching how our Legislators are voting and taking appropriate action.
Administrators at a school in the South Suburbs of Chicago are up in arms over a state law (House Bill 0183) that requires schools to post small signs announcing that guns cannot be carried in schools.
So here is how I see this law, if I was a criminal or someone who had a beef with a school I would know that nobody within that building was carrying a concealed weapon and I could do as I would want. I truly believe that the police can’t be everywhere and that 99% of us don’t want to harm people. So if 99% don’t want to harm, that leaves us with watching that 1%.
So this is all hypothetical – lets assume 25% are licensed to carry, that allows 25 people to be there in an emergency ready to react. I was raised in Ohio, completed their Hunter Safety program in my youth and had some experience in Law Enforcement. With the advent of 24/7/365 news we hear about shootings constantly and around the clock.
Maybe a sign that says “This property protected by Concealed Weapon Individuals” and by the way you won’t know who they are, will you?