Shield Weaponry promotes the safe use of weapons, handguns and rifles, we also recommend education and Shield Weaponry follows all rules set forth by State and Federal regulations.
From the National Shooting Sports Foundation® (NSSF®)
- Always keep the firearm’s muzzle pointed in a safe direction. A “safe direction” means that the gun is pointed so that even if an accidental discharge occurred, it would not result in injury.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until you actually intend to shoot. When handling a gun, rest your finger outside the trigger guard or along the side of the gun. Don’t touch the trigger until you are actually ready to fire.
- Firearms should be unloaded when not actually in use. Whenever you pick up a gun, such as when removing it from or returning it to storage, remember to point it in a safe direction and make sure it is unloaded.
- Be sure you know how your firearm operates: read the manual on your firearm, know how to safely open and close the action of the firearm and know how to safely remove any ammunition from the firearm and its magazine.
- Store your firearms in a locked cabinet, safe, gun vault or storage case when not in use, ensuring they are in a location inaccessible by children and cannot be handled by anyone without your permission.
- Store your ammunition in a locked location separate from firearms.
- Use a gun locking device that renders the firearm inoperable when not in use. A gun lock should be used as an additional safety precaution and not as a substitute for secure storage.
- Make sure young people in your home are aware of and understand the safety guidelines concerning firearms. Have them sign the Project ChildSafe Pledge for young people (www.projectchildsafe.org/safety/safe-storage) – a reminder that if they find an unattended firearm in their home or a neighbor’s to not touch it, and tell an adult.
- Always unload, clean and place your firearms in their secure storage location immediately after returning from a hunting trip or a day at the range.
- Educate everyone in your family about firearms safety. Visit the Project ChildSafe website (www.projectchildsafe.org) for safety information and to find out where to get a free firearm safety kit in your area.
These tips and others tools and information about safe and responsible firearm storage
are available at www.projectchildsafe.org.
Disclaimer – August 2013 and forward…
This Shield weaponry blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. Questions at ShieldWeaponry at cox dot net.
I don’t get paid and these stories are written by me because I love American and believe that “We The People” are what makes it great. These stories may be found in the newspaper, online, blogs or the internet and/or my life experiences. I have no idea whether all stories have had background done on them, and may give opinions that are truly mine. I’m not an expert, just an American who agrees with the Declaration, Constitution and the Bill of Rights (anything included prior to 1792). I’m also a Christian, which may also influence my ramblings. Here are also a few of my ideas:
- All men = all people are created equal.
- I believe most of our ancestors moved here for religious freedom, of which I hold sacred.
Here are also a few ideas on reforming our government: (Just a note these are my opinions)
- Abolish the IRS, incorporate a flat tax (only exception to tax is food and medical drugs), States collect and pass money to the National Government. = savings
- Tort reform – if you bring a lawsuit and jury and/or judge finds it ridiculous you could face fines.
- Term Limits – Our forefathers never meant for our our Legislators, President etc to have careers for life. 2 terms City or County, 2 terms State, 2 terms Federal and 2 terms President.
- Balance Budget – if we have to do it, the Country must do it.
- I appreciate that everybody comes from somewhere, but to get to the Great USA you must do it legally (just like all of us did or our ancestors). Just because you were born here doesn’t make it legal, your parents must be US citizens and by the way English is our language.
- This last one is debatable – we spend way to much money on fighting drugs, legalize most – savings on war $400 Billion, tax it +$400 Billion, quality becomes better, probably would do away with Cartels (another win). Some drugs are far to dangerous Meth, Coke and Heroin – wouldn’t be legal.